Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Don't Judge This Cover By Its Book

After months of procrastination, I finally finished a cover for my book!





More accurately, I created a background (I know, beautiful).
<-------------
I wrote the words three times - first in pencil, then neater in pencil, and then in sharpie, and despite the vertical lines, I still ended up moving the words using Paint to create nice looking lines.

Then, because I was lazy,
Eyob took the initiative
and inverted the colors
to produce ---->



I added, rather ineptly (I really need to get something other than Paint), a title, but then Sophia did a much better one.


                      Which Gabe then edited to produce three different covers with different colors.




I'm still playing around, but comments on these existing covers are very much appreciated. I am most likely not going to change the background, however, because I don't want to do anything that isn't possible with a sharpie and piece of paper. Also, because I'm lazy. Even though these covers might not quite invoke the general tone of my book. Any suggestions are also appreciated.

(I have a cover that doesn't make my book look like a dictionary I'm so excited!)


2 comments:

  1. I like the last one! Yeah it looks like a dictionary. Just kidding! :D It's getting better compared to your very first one hehe.

    ReplyDelete